The 2020 edition of AFI Docs will be held online on their website.
Formerly called Silverdocs, AFI Docs was founded in 2003 by American Film Institute and Discovery Channel. Usually it is held in Silver Springs, Maryland and in Washington D.C., always in the month of June.
This year, due to the Covid-19 outbreak, it will be online from 17th to 21th June.
The award Short Film Jury Prize is of interest, because AFI Docs is an Oscar Qualifying festival for Documentary Short Subject.
Short Docs in program
- 808: How We Respond by Ian Bell (USA)
- Abortion Helpline, This Is Lisa by Barbara Attie, Janet Goldwater, Mike Attie (USA)
- Akashinga: The Brave Ones by Maria Wilhelm (USA)
- All That Perishes at the Edge of Land by Hira Nabi (Pakistan)
- Blackfeet Boxing: Not Invisible by Kristen Lappas, Tom Rinald (USA)
- Broken Orchestra by Charlie Tyrell (Canada)
- The Church Forests of Etiopia by Jeremy Seifert (USA)
- Dafa Metti (Difficult) by Tal Amiran (UK)
- The Deepest Hole by Matt McCormick (USA)
- Do Not Split by Anders Hammer (USA, Norway)
- Elevator Pitch by Martyna Starosta (USA)
- Flower Punk by Alison Klayman (USA)
- Huntsville Station by Jamie Meltzer, Chris Filippone (USA)
- Lake by Alexandra Lazarowich (Canada)
- The Lost Astronaut by Ben Proudfoot (USA)
- Memoirs of Vegetation by Jessica Oreck (USA)
- Mizuko by Kira Dane, Katelyn Rebelo (USA)
- Mother by Jas Pitt, Kate Stonehill (UK)
- Now Is The Time by Christopher Auchter (Canada)
- Out Of The Blue by Jonathan Bregel, Steve Hoover (USA)
- The Paint Wizzard by Jessie Auritt, Jessica Wolfson (USA)
- Pampas by Jessica Bishopp (UK)
- Patty Are You Bringing Weed In From Jamaica? by Matthew Salton (USA)
- San Diego by Laura Hinman (USA)
- See You Next Time by Crystal Kayiza (USA)
- Still Here (還在) by Sean Wang (USA)