Amarcort Film Festival, founder of Short is Worth, organizes every year since 2015 an event called Giro del Mondo in 80 Corti (Around the World in 80 Short Films): it is a monthly event which brings the audience on a tour around the world in short films.
The audience votes their favorite film each month and then, during the last ‘stage’ of the tour, all the winners from the past months compete to be the most liked of the year.
Every year has a ‘travel theme’: they went from cruise ship to train, but this year the journey is a little lighter and the tour will be done by a marble ball, “finger-powered”, like the game children used to play on the beach in the past.
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, the 2021 edition is a smaller one, therefore called Mini-Giro del Mondo in 40 Corti. Every event will be held in BlueBeach RiminiTerme, on the beach, with safety measures, only during four summer months (first event was in June, the last one will be in September – then the grand finale will be in December).
Next event will be on July 28th at 9 pm, in collaboration with Ennesimo Film Festival.
Films in program
- One Left by Sebastian Doringer (Austria)
- A Piece of Cake by Bragg Brothers (USA)
- Schism by Andrew Todd, Johnny Hall (New Zealand)
- Prudence by Olivier Chateau (France)
- Here We Are by Hristina Belousova, Dante Rustav (Kazakhstan)
- Invisible by Thomas Scohy (France)
- The Last Day of Autumn by Marjolaine Perreten (Switzerland, Belgium)
- Torno Subito by Giovanni Bufalini (Italy)
- The Pills by Dmitry Kovalev (USA)
- White Eye by Tomer Shushan (Israel)