On June 30th were approved by Academy’s Board of Governors the rules and campaign regulations for the 94th edition of the Academy Awards. The eligibility period returns to be December 31st for feature films, we will list the ones for shorts in a few lines.
The news are many so we suggest to visit the page on their website, however these are the interesting things for short films:
- Shortlists for Documentary Short Subject, Animated Short Film and Live Action Short Film categories will expand from 10 to 15 films;
- Deadline for Documentary Short Subject is set to Friday, October 15th 2021;
- Deadline for Animated Short Film is set to Friday, October 15th 2021;
- Deadline for Live Action Short Film is set to Friday, October 15th 2021;
- The qualifying USA metropolitan areas for films to open in theatre are Los Angeles County; the City of New York; the Bay Area; Chicago, Illinois; Miami, Florida; and Atlanta, Georgia – those also apply for Short Films.