Amarcort Film Festival, founder of Short is Worth, organizes every year since 2015 an event called Giro del Mondo in 80 Corti (Around the World in 80 Short Films): it is a monthly event which brings the audience on a tour around the world in short films.
The audience votes their favorite film each month and then, during the last ‘stage’ of the tour, all the winners from the past months compete to be the most liked of the year.
Every year has a ‘travel theme’: they went from cruise ship to train, but this year the journey is a little lighter and the tour will be done by a marble ball, “finger-powered”, like the game children used to play on the beach in the past.
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, the 2021 edition is a smaller one, therefore called Mini-Giro del Mondo in 40 Corti. Every event will be held in BlueBeach RiminiTerme, on the beach, with safety measures, only during four summer months (first event was in June, the last one will be in September – then the grand finale will be in December).
Next event will be August 25th at 9 pm, for this date, the vaccination Green Pass (or a negative Covid-19 test) is mandatory.
Films in program
- Bolero Station by Rolf Brönnimann (Switzerland)
- Cyclists (Biciklisti) by Veljko Popovic (Croatia)
- 100% Pure Pork (100% Pur Porc) by Emilie Janin (France)
- Jazz in Wakanda by Djaka Souaré (USA)
- Fable by Žanete Skarule (Lithuania)
- Ertidad (Goin South) by Mohammed Alhamoud (Saudi Arabia)
- Maradona’s Legs by Firas Khoury (Germany)
- Uonted! by Daniele Bonarini (Italy)
- Duel by Avgousta Zourelidi (United Kingdom)
- Rewild by Nicholas Chin, Ernest Zacharevic (Indonesia)