The 2021 edition of the Biennale di Venezia, the ’78th edition (Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica di Venezia, Venice International Film Festival) will start today September 1st in Venice, Italy, and will end on 11th.
The short films in competition are running in the Orizzonti section; the Orizzonti Award for Best Short Film is an Oscar Qualifying Award.
We are only listing short films.
- Don’t get too comfortable by Shaima Al-Tamimi (Yemen, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, USA, Netherlands)
- Techno, mama by Saulius Baradinskas (Lithuania)
- Descente (4AM) by Mehdi Fikri (France)
- Mulaqat (Tempesta di Sabbia) by Seemab Gul (Pakistan)
- Heltzear by Mikel Gurrea (Spain)
- Los Huesos by Cristóbal León, Joaquín Cociña (Chile)
- Tou Sheng, Ji Dan, Zuo Ye Ben (Hair tie, Egg, Homework books) by Luo Runxiao (China)
- Il Turno by Chiara Marotta, Loris Giuseppe Nese (Italy)
- Fall of the Ibis King by Josh O’Caoimh, Mikai Geronimo (Ireland)
- Pid Pokati Mai (Nuova Anormalità) di Sorayos Prapapan (Thailand, South Korea, Singapore)
- La fée des Roberts by Léahn Vivier-Chapas (France)
- Kanoyama (Montagna dei Cervi) by Momi Yamashita (Japan)
Out of Competition
Ato by Bárbara Paz (Brazil)
Preghiera della sera (Diario di una passeggiata) by Giuseppe Piccioni (Italy)