Amarcort Film Festival, founder of Short is Worth, organizes every year since 2015 an event called Giro del Mondo in 80 Corti (Around the World in 80 Short Films): it is a monthly event which brings the audience on a tour around the world in short films.
The audience votes their favorite film each month and then, during the last ‘stage’ of the tour, all the winners from the past months compete to be the most liked of the year.
Every year has a ‘travel theme’: they went from cruise ship to train, but this year the journey is a little lighter and the tour will be done by a marble ball, “finger-powered”, like the game children used to play on the beach in the past.
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, the 2021 edition is a smaller one, therefore called Mini-Giro del Mondo in 40 Corti. Every event will be held in BlueBeach RiminiTerme, on the beach, with safety measures, only during four summer months (first event was in June, the last one will be in September – then the grand finale will be in December).
Next event will be September 15th at 9 pm. The vaccination Green Pass (or a negative Covid-19 test) is mandatory.
Films in program
- Champ d’honneur by Breant Hugo (France)
- Umbrella by Helena Hilario, Mario Pece (Brazil)
- The Menu for Tomorrow by Woody – Kazuhiro Kiuchi (Japan)
- I’ll call you later by Maria Scutaru (Romania)
- Gone by William Jackson (Australia)
- Existe! by Luca Zuberbühler (Belgium)
- La mostra by Federico Russotto (Italia)
- Freeride Skiing at Home by Philipp Klein Herrero (Germany)
- Talent by Oleg Ageychev (Russian Federation)
- Caramel by Shange Zhang (USA)