The 2021 edition of Amarcort Film Festival will end in two days with the award ceremony at Teatro degli Atti, 8.30 p.m., and all the winners from the categories will be announced.
But before that: who are the jurors of the different selection of this fourteenth edition?
- Shane Smith, director of programming for the documentary festival and market Hot Docs, previously director of special projects at Toronto Film Festival, he has worked for Sundance Film Festival and l’Inside Out LGBT Film Festival.
- Filippo Ulivieri, main Italian expert on Stanley Kubrick’s cinema, author of “Stanley Kubrick e Me” and “2001 tra Kubrick e Clarke: Genesi, realizzazione e paternità di un capolavoro”. He runs ArchivioKubrick.it, and is co-author of the screenplay for “S is for Stanley” by Alex Infascelli.
- Ivan Olgiati, producer and distributor, founder of Articolture, vicepresident of CNA Bologna and CNA Emilia Romagna, President of CNA Cinema e Audiovisivo Emilia Romagna and member of the National Presidency of CNA Cinema e Audiovisivo Nazionale.
- Eddy Lovaglio, president of Parma OperArt, investigative journalist first, then music critic. Has published several books, from fiction to tenor singers and directors’ biographies. In the field of opera, theatre and cinema direction, has realized several shows and in 2013 has created Parma International Music Film Festival.
- Silvia Poletti, dance critic and journalist. Collaborates to cultural pages of Sole24Ore, Corriere della Sera, Corriere Fiorentino, and with specialized magazines, national and international. She writes essays and program notes for the main theatres and festivals, teaches history of dance and has done several publications.
- Arturo Cannistrà, director and choreographer, was soloist at Aterballetto and Maggio Musicale Fiorentino. Since 2003 responsible for special projects at Fondazione Nazionale della Danza – Compagnia Aterballetto, curating artistic ideation and choreography for projects in collaboration with Federazione Nazionale Associazioni Scuole di Danza.
Fulgor Jury is comosed of members of three friends and neighbors festivals of Amarcort: Ennesimo Film Festival, MalatestaShort Film Festival and Nòt Film Fest.
- Ennesimo Film Festival: Laura Morandi, educator and teacher, among the curators of Ennesimo Academy and since 2012 in the selectors team; Mirco Marmiroli, artistic and commercial video producer, founder and artistic director of Ennesimo Film Festival; Federico Ferrari, journalist and writer, founder and artistic director of Ennesimo Film Festival.
- MalatestaShort Film Festival: Maria Ilaria Mingione, psychologist psychotherapist, selector for MalatestaShort, passionate of French films, uses cinema as an auto-narrative instrument; Mirella Paoletti, works in human researches, for MalatestaShorts takes care of selection, communication, ideation and project development; Nicolas Bagnoli, meteorologist, selector for MalatestaShort, to him sicnema is a place of inspiration, charm and, sometimes, even dazzles.
- Nòt Film Fest: Noemi Bruschi, lives between Italy and Los Angeles and takes care of art direction for cinema, advertisement and TV series; Alizé Latini, eclectic actress, divided between cinema, theatre, music videos and dubbing; Giovanni Labadessa, founder of the independent production company Lumibere Lab, multi-awarded producer and screenwriter.
The Gradisca Jury is composed of the audience in theatre during the screening of the Gradisca (super-shorts) category.
Being the Miranda category dedicated to animation for young audiences, this jury is composed of various classes from several Elementary Schools of Rimini and neighboring cities.
Be A Parent Jury
The Be A Parent category is dedicated to short films with the parents-children relationship as main theme. Therefore, this category will be judged by different classes from Middle and High Schools of Rimini and neighboring cities.
- Diego Spagnoli, stage director for Vasco Rossi since 1982, creator and organizer of events and shows.
- Clive Griffiths, host, deejay, performer, known in Italy for Videomusic, creator and protagonist of Speak Easy School Roadshow.
- Rick Hutton, singer, host, music journalist, author and tv and radio presenter, known in Italy for Videomusic, today he hosts Rick and Roll.
- Davide Tura, pianist, composer, orchestra director, artistic director of music vestival Suono DiVino, and is specialized in music applied to images.
The jury is composed of Rimini cinema owners! We gladly present you…
- Massimiliano Giometti, manager of 12 multiplexes, 98 screens, 100 employees between Romagna, Marche and Toscana.
- Stefano Tonini, founder and president of the Associazione Notorious Rimini Cineclub and director of Cinema Tiberio in Rimini.
- Elena Zanni, director of cinemas Settebello and Fulgor in Rimini.
- Federico Fiecconi, animator, producer, sole administrator and creative director of GraFFiti Creative, critica, historian and popularizer, artistic director of Asolo Cartoon Preview and BergamoToons.
- Massimo Montigiani, director and storyboard artist, has been collaborating for years to the major European animated TV productions, he is artistic director and storyboard supervisor of Doghead Animation Firenze.
- Sabrina Zanetti, artistic director of Cartoon Club – Festival Internazionale del cinema d’animazione, del fumetto e dei games, since 1990 she works in social research, on themes such as youth problems, intercultural disciplines and mass media.
- Alessandro Loprieno, WeShort’s Founder & CEO, his formation is supported by foreign languages and literatures, cinema, finance and technology.
- Derio di Pumpo, has held several positions in Draka Distribution, among which commercial director, has done consulting for the release in cinemas of films from indipendente production companies.
- Francesco Zucchi, director and videomaker, worked as camera operator and editor, realized short films awarded in several festivals, commercials, primo videos and music videos.
Miglior Corto Italiano (Best Italian Short Film) Jury
- Federico Pommier, founder and artistic director of the festival Molise Cinema, member of the board of AFIC and of Collegio dei Garanti del Polo del 900′ di Torino.
- Chiara Valenti Omero, director since 2000 of the ShorTS International Film Festival, she is president of AFIC since 2000 and vice-president of Casa del Cinema di Trieste.
- Antonello Zanda, director of Centro Servizi Culturali della Società Umanitaria di Cagliari, curator of Cineteca Sarda (Sardinian Film Library). Writer and critic, author of several articles and essays on various subjects.
Critics’ Award Jury
- Giorgio Grignaffini, editorial director o TaoDue FilmMediaset Group), after having held the position of Vice-Director of Fictions at Mediaset. Professor at Università Cattolica and IULM, he does research in the field of mass media and semiotic, and has published several articles and books.
- Giorgia Gamberini, graduated in Modern Literature at Pavia University, collaborates wish Sguardi Altrove Film Festival, film festival dedicated to female direction, held in Milan every year. She is redactor at Birdmen Magazine.
- Enrico Zoi, journalist, film critic, writer. He has made many publications, press releases, interviews, articles, cinema and theatre reviews, puzzles. He curates the editorial “Short to Success” here on Short Is Worth.
People’s Choice Jury
This jury will award their favorite film from Amarcort category. People’s Choice Jury is made of people from the audience, willing to try the experience of juror of a film festival. All people come rom different backgrounds and have different formation and jobs.
This jury will award their favorite film from Aldina category. This jury is made of students from high schools from Rimini and neighboring cities: Liceo Giulio Cesare-Valgimigli and two classes of Cesena Film Academy.